Tuesday 1 November 2011

Oh I do like to be beside the seasideeeee

So having not blogged in a while I feel I have loads to say. But I won’t bore you with all the rubbish stuff. I was on half term last week and so me and my family (minus my sis) went on a little holiday. We set off at about 9 o clock on Tuesday morning. Unfortunately for me, I’d had a pretty late night the night before due to being a Lizzy’s with the ‘gang’ and excessively playing Just Dance on the Wii. So on Tuesday morning I was dragged out of my bed, to go to Rye, a place I’d never even heard of before. I also wasn't overly keen as Dad had spent about 4 weeks going on about the hotel being haunted. When we got there, the hotel itself was actually really nice. We had a stroll (well Dad calls it a stroll, really it’s a four mile walk in the cold and rain) round the town and then went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We went to a restaurant called the grill and before we had even sat down Mum has smashed a glass with her bum and Alex had been rude to the waitress. Typical Hollis family really… After a lovely meal and a rather large amount of wine, I was ready to face my fear and sleep in the haunted hotel. Except obviously someone wanted me to stay awake as there was a massive thunder storm and I ended up sharing a bed with a 50 year old menopausal woman and a 13 boy who farts in his sleep. Brill…

 Rye Beach

Me and Mum

 Mum insisted that the 'holiday bear' replaced Sam in our car journey photo....


The next day we left Rye and headed up to Brighton for a couple of nights. We stayed in a hotel right on the front but unfortunately we got a view of the hotel car park instead of the sea. We did a bit of shopping, well I shopped and Mum paid as I currently have 18p in my bank account and 1p in my purse due to work changing our pay from weekly to monthly. She bought me a satchel from Ollie&Nic, some bits from Lush and some Calvin Klein PJ’s and undies. Day Two consisted of more shopping, a look round the Pavilion, a trip on Brighton's version of the London Eye and then a dash round the pier to get some photos for my photography coursework. This may have sounded like quite a simple straightforward task, but this is me we are talking about. Half way through the day I realised I had forgotten the batteries for my camera so realised that whilst the others went the cinema, me and mum would cut our shopping time short and take the 15minute walk back to the hotel to get them. Mum insisted that we just buy some instead until I told her I had also forgotten my camera so we’d have to go back anyway. We ran back in the rain as it was five past seven and we realised that the funfair closed at half seven and that’s what I needed the photos of. Once we got up to our room we realised that we in fact had the room key to my brother’s room, so I had to race down to reception to beg for another room key. The trainee on the desk looked a bit confused when I reeled off a story of batteries and the pier, but eventually gave me a spare key card. Racing back to the pier me and mum did the standard ‘fast walk’. Basically bend your knees, lean back slightly and you go so much faster. So having fast walked looking like penguins with a hot poker up our arse’s we finally made it on to the pier and got my photos.

 The view of the pier from the 'Brighton Eye'

Brighton Pierrrrrrrrrrrr :)

Sam's new specs...

Best mocha everrrr, from Naked Coffee Shop

A couple of photos for my photography coursework

Me and Sammyyy

The next day we went to Portsmouth to see Becca at uni. The previous two times I’ve been and visited her I’ve either projectile vomited on myself due to alcohol, or been kicked out a pub because I’m 17 and had no ID. However this time I managed to almost act mature and had a lovely time. We went out for dinner to a lovely Indian restaurant and due to slightly shoddy service got given two 20% off vouchers which were given to the poor student, like she’s going to be able to pay the other 80%... After a night of sharing a single bed with Becca, I just about managed to shove everything back in my suitcase and we went to meet the rest of the family who had the luxury of staying in a holiday inn and getting an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast. We went up the Spinaker tower and had lunch in The Slug and Lettuce.  After that we said goodbye and left Portsmouth, as I had to get back for Lizzy’s partyyyyyyy. Due to it being a bit of a rush to get back in time I decided to attempt to do my nails on the way home. However trying to paint your nails in a car that's going at 70mph down the motorway, sat next to my brother who had just farted made it a much more, shall I say, memorable experience...

Me and Becca<3 









Fireworks outside the Spinaker Tower

Me and Becca on the Spinaker's glass floor

Not bad for a 'Car Journey Manicure'

OX



No comments:

Post a Comment