Saturday 26 November 2011

busy busy busy!

hiyaaaaaaa
Sorry i havent bogged much lately, i have actually been really busy with school work, work exp and actual work, so have alot to say.
Firstly, i went to the NEC in birmingham last thursday to get 'a day in the life of a national event planner'. I was picked up by the guy who owns a cmpany displaying at the exhibition, Martin, and his college Ellie. unfortunately I had seen Ellie in his car from my upstairs window before they rang the door bell and therefore before i realised who she was and gave her a dirty look, as for some reason, thats the sort of thing i do t people who look at me... hmm, that didnt sound so ridiculous in my head.
So we were given a guided tour of the show by the organisers and i managed to ask all my carefully scripted (i dont trust my brain under pessure) questions. I then spent the rest of the day sat in the bar with Martin, Ellie and the two organisers. those three hours i spent stting in the bar sipping coke and lime definately confimed that i want to be events organiser.

Luckily for me, i have also found the perfect uni for me. Lincoln! i want to go there so badly! its so pretty and next to a river, very picturesque! Another great thing thats brill about it is that they dont interview, which is perfect for me as at my mock interview which the school organised i was put on the spot and asked what i thought events management involved. As someone who wants to study  course in this it should have been a relitively easy question, but my answer was something like 'managing events' DUH?!

The weekend just gone was pretty boring, i spent more hours which i was awake working than not working. However this weekend should make up fr it as on friday its the school commemeration service at te SCD curch in london. i think im in the minority of the school who actually enjoys it. i just think its so nice, its cute and its christmassy. not gunna lie, but i love it. even if we're not singing shine jesus shine and jerusalem, which are cearly the best two hymns. due to commem, we then have monday off school, dunno why but im not complaining, so sunday night is our sixth form social. having been kicked out last year for being far to drunk and having to have my parents come and pick me up, and then being sick in my bed, im quite looking forward to proving im not a constant drunken state. plus its a party, so why wouldnt i be excited! and i have bought my self some amaaaaazing shoes for it!


Currently im on a train heading up to london, which is why my punctuation and grammar is shocking as mobile blogger doesnt have spell ceck. im actually off to meet doctor who at event which my dad is involved with. i have called it 'work experience' and skipped school. nothing to do with te celebs there...

So thats a brief summary of my life the last few weeks, i'll blog more frequently soon promise! :)
ps, sorry for lack of photos, lots more comming soon :)

Ox

No comments:

Post a Comment