Saturday 15 October 2011

La La Laaaaaa...

Today I went to Winchester and to Southampton with my Dad to look round their uni's. I'm looking to study Events Management and whilst both uni's seemed like they had excellent courses in my area of interest, both also had their downsides in my opinion. Winchester was absolutely beautiful! The uni was so pretty and had great views due to the hilliness of the city (could also be a bad thing!) but from what I was told there wasnt a massive variety of nightlife, which being a bit of a 'party animal' is something which I am really looking for. Southampton Solent was totally the opposite however, as the town seemed to have a lot of night life but the uni itself wasnt particularly pretty. I'm not ruling either of them out but am going to keep looking I think.

Anyway, last night me and my friends Danni, Rach and Jo went on a little outing we like to call 'Reduced Shopping'. Basically its the ultimate cheapskates night out. Well, i say night out but realistically it involved going to Tesco's and M&S at about 8 o' clock on a friday evening in your pyjamas and seeing how much reduced food you can buy. Sounds pretty sad yes, but don't knock it till you've tried it! I don't really know why we go in our pyjamas, i guess it gives anyone else the impression that we're having a girly night in and have just popped out spontaneously to get some nibbles. When really, we planned this on wednesday and have been excited about it all week...



Whilst in Tesco's, I also finally gave in my awful roots and brought myself some hair dye. My hair had faded and lightened so mcuh over summer that it was going pretty ginger, and my roots looking almost grey due to my natural mousey brown colour coming through and contrasting with the ginge. Unfortunately they didnt have the one I usually use and so had to choose a different brand. It was also actually cheaper so i figured i couldnt go wrong! Obviously thats rubbish, as i managed to dye pretty much everything apart from my hair and so consequently have a slightly lighter than anticipated fringe and a reddy/purple neck.

Before                                                                                After






















Finally, I also re-did my nails. Although to be honest, thats hardly suprising as I seem to re-do them every other day due to boredom. This design i found on the internet however it said you had to use rubbing alcohol. Well i dont know about you but i looked EVERYWHERE for flipping rubbing alcohol but no where seemed to sell it. So i thought I'd give water a try instead figuring i wouldnt have lost anything if it didnt work. It looks complicated but is actually dead easy. First paint your nails with whatever colour you fancy, I chose green Barry M, then once dry, cut up squares of newspaper and dip them in water. Now this is the tricky bit, press the newspaper onto your nail and press down really hard making sure you dont move the paper as this will smudge the lettering. Peel the paper off and paint on a top coat to ensure the words dont rub off. Thats it! Simple!

                                                                                          























Hopefully one day I'll get better at photographing my nails as I realise these photos are pretty shoddy...

Bed time now I think as I have to be at work tomorrow morning for half seven, yawnnn. bye! ox

No comments:

Post a Comment